Tuesday, March 8, 2016

red's amazing M&M cookies...

howdy friends!

I'm trying to get it more together as a wife & a mommy, in regards to the kitchen. I've made a calendar where we have certain foods certain nights...for example:

Monday: Make-Your-Own Pizza Night
Tuesday: Pasta Night
Wednesday: Taco Tuesday
Thursday: Random/New Recipe
Friday: Bible Study (so we eat there)
Saturday: Crock pot (depending on what's going on)
Sunday: Burger King (getting to know the workers) &/or Crockpot &/or Leftovers

I'm also trying to get better at dessert. Now that I've figured out how to spell it correctly (I told myself you always want more of it, so that's why there's 2 s's...not 1! :)...). I'm finding it exciting to have a snack for my husband to enjoy! I brought this to Bible Study & everyone seemed to enjoy it as well... 

Thank you grocery store clearance section, for having this bag of M&M Baking bits for $1! And for putting a recipe on the back of your bag. Sincerely, Jacie Noelle

1 cup (2 sticks) Butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups M&M'S Brand Semi-Sweet Dark Chocolate Baking Bits 
(I just put the whole bag in...well, whatever I hadn't eaten yet...seriously)

1. In a large bowl, cream butter & both sugars until well blended. Add egg & vanilla & mix

2. In a different bowl, sift flour (I didn't do), baking soda & salt together (I just poured in a bowl & mixed). Slowly add these to butter mixture & stir until combined. 

3. Fold in M&M's (I used my mixer at first, but it was breaking them all, so I used a spatula & followed directions!). Chill dough for 1 hour or overnight (I did overnight -- mostly because I got too busy to finish that day!).

4. Drog dough by rounded tablespoons onto lightly greased tray about 2 inches apart. 

5. Preheat oven to 350. 

6. Bake 8-10 minutes for chewy cookies or 12-14 minutes for crispy cookies. Enjoy! (I found this to be a harder part -- maybe it's our oven. 8-10 minutes they were still like dough! So, I kept adding 2 minutes at a time...I still don't have a perfect time, but hopefully I'll make again!).


xs & os, 
jacie


No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me a little sunshine! :) i love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...