Wednesday, April 20, 2016

repent & believe.

Our church is doing a reading plan called F260. We're going through the entire Bible 'highlights'.

Anyways, today's reading came from Luke 12. There are many warnings & many encouragements in this scripture, but one in particular is jumping out at the today. 

"And I say to you, everyone who confesses Me before men, the Son of Man will confess him also before the angels of God; but he who denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God..." Luke 12:8-9

This led me on a thought process of other scriptures that speak of proclaiming Christ's victory & got me wondering: Am I doing this? Am I using the avenues that the Lord has granted me & being a good steward of them? Some yes...some no. 

Before a homemaker, I talked about Jesus quite often at work. And saw some fruit, praise God. Now as a homemaker, there is a different approach because I'm not with the same people every single day. But that doesn't mean that I can't be light. We've recently went through a study called The Tangible Kingdom which has given some really great insight in 'doing life' with others. Loving people. Making disciples through the grace of God.

God is also showing me that while I was working, even though I may've been talking about Jesus & showing Jesus' light through my own life to my coworkers, I've neglected that focus at home. In part, I think it's because my husband is my best friend & sometimes it's easy to be hardest or give the 'leftovers' to those who are closest to you...not be as gracious as I would be to others, in my case. Thank the Lord that my husband is honest enough to give me this feedback. I guess what I'm saying is, you can be a disciple & disciple ANYWHERE! I may not be out of the home as much as I used to be, but guess what, I have 2 of the most important guys in the world to me right here who I need to love, cherish & be Jesus to! Adam & Lincoln! Adam knows Jesus & lives for him & he needs all of me to be his helper & encourager in this journey! And Lincoln needs both of us to look up to & be his guide as we pray that the Lord draws him at the earliest age possible. 

There's so many good avenues for sharing the gospel, so I'll take advantage of one: this blog. 

Jesus says Mark 1:15, "The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God has come near. Repent & believe the good news!"

Repent: To turn from sin & dedicate oneself to the amendment of one's life. 

Simply put, 'to repent' means 'to turn away'. In this case, turn away from sin. 

Believe: To accept or regard something as true


BUT WHY?

Well, because we are all sinners. We have all sinned & fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). Meaning, we don't meet God's just, righteous & glorious standards. 



How many of you have put things before God? I have. 

How about disobeying your parents? I have. 

How about lied? I have. 

If you have done any one of the things (which everyone has), you have sinned against the Holy & Just God. This means, you're not in right standing with Him. This is why we need a Savior (Jesus who died on the cross carrying our sins). Anyone who is not in right standing with God, is in danger of Hell. I don't say this to try & scare you (even though Hell IS scary), I say this because I love you & because it's the truth. If I didn't love you, I wouldn't tell you, but I would hate for it to be so. God doesn't want anyone to perish (2 Peter 3:9).

Think of it like this: If there was a rapist or murderer & they went to a judge & said, "I am so sorry! Can I leave now?" The judge wouldn't just say, "Well, since you said sorry..." NO! Since he is JUST, the person would need payment for their crimes. God is the same way (with exceedingly higher standards). If we sin against Him in any way, it's the same thing. He demands payment (which Jesus has satisfied if you believe). "The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23 

If you have any questions, push back or comments, I would LOVE to hear them. I would LOVE to talk to you. I would LOVE to hear from you. I would love to get to know YOU more. You are loved & you can have HOPE in Jesus! :D

xoxo, 
Jacie

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me a little sunshine! :) i love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...